Monday, July 6, 2009

Time Machine

It's been a week. A full week. I have spent no money because there's none left to spend, but this macbook pro is a beautiful machine. I love the metallic silver construction, the backlit keyboard, the ease of an apple designed computer. It's been so long since I've used a laptop without it being plugged into a wall that it feels like magic to have a seven hour battery. The screen is brighter, the volume louder, the speed incredibly faster. It also, however, removes some convenient excuses that have allowed me to talk myself out of following through on some ideas.
I've been wanting to take some time and focus on becoming proficient on piano. I taught myself enough to get by and have been putting off a more detailed study and practice of it. Now my laptop is fast enough to plug into the one I have.
I've been wanting to write more and find the discipline to do it, to take time every day and make it a priority.
I've been wanting to record more, throw down another round of quick ideas and flesh them out, expanding to different instruments and sounds and effects and techniques.
I'd like to have more time for photography, to focus on being present and available in any location to pull out that one image that matters.
I find so much value in cooking that I'd like to spend some time studying and preparing and grilling and basting and presenting.
But for all that this incredible macbook pro does, it does not generate time. That's really what I could use more of right about now.

No comments: