Monday, February 8, 2010

2009 Year In Music

Two Thousand and Nine turned out to be a pretty good year in music. At this point, I need to clarify that what I really wanted to do was to let you know what I listened to most in '09 and what meant the most to me.

In my most humble persona opinion, the three best releases of 2009 were Phoenix -Wolfgang Amadeus Phoneix, Elbow -The Seldom Seen Kid (actually 08), and Neko Case -Middle Cyclone. If you lack any of these three and my recommendation means anything to you, get them now. Right behind those three were releases by Gomez, David Byrne/Brian Eno, and Bryan Scary that I enjoyed immensely. While I don't have the time to go back and do in-depth reviews as I have recently here, here, and here, I wanted to at least post music that mattered to me in '09.
Enjoy,
b

Phoenix -Wolfgang Amadeus Phoneix
Elbow -The Seldom Seen Kid
Neko Case -Middle Cyclone
The Decemberists -The Hazards Of Love
Gomez -A New Tide
David Byrne/Brian Eno -Everything That Happens Will Happen Today
Bryan Scary -Mad Valentines
Muse -The Resistance
Handsome Firs -Face Control
Wilco -Wilco
David Gray -Draw The Line
U2 -No Line On The Horizon
Pearl Jam -Backspacer
Sting -If On A Winter's Night
The Hold Steady -A Positive Rage (Live Album)

*not released in '09, but I listened to a lot:
Velvet Underground & Nico 1967
Thom Yorke 2006 The Eraser

No comments: